Ronnie Bitman is the managing partner and co-founder of Bitman O’Brien & Morat, PLLC. He is considered one of Florida’s leading lawyers. In addition to handling the firm’s day-to-day management and operations, he litigates a wide range of complex and unique matters, which gain him a number of recognitions as one of Florida Trend’s Rising Stars, Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, Florida SuperLawyers®, and the Orlando Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 award winner.
Bitman has handled an array of complex commercial matters ranging from consumer fraud class actions, contract and employment disputes, trade secret litigation, unfair and deceptive trade practice matters, intellectual property litigation, business and partnership disputes, wrongful death actions, appeals, and multiple business transactions.
He is general counsel to several business clients, advising on overall business strategy, litigation prevention, transactions, litigation, and appeals.
A sports management major, he has stayed at the helm of sports and law, heading the firm’s Sports & Entertainment practice group. He has represented celebrities, TV personalities, athletes, musicians, and sports clubs in various business and litigation matters. He also acts as local counsel for various out-of-state firms, handling difficult litigation for major corporations and has acted in the same capacity for high-profile celebrity clientele such as Justin Bieber, the Estate of Michael Jackson, Kim, Khloe, and Kourtney Kardashian, and Lindsay Lohan.
Bitman is also a mainstay in Florida’s consumer financial services litigation scene, overseeing one of the state’s strongest residential foreclosure practices for banks and mortgage servicers.
HONORS, RECOGNITION’S AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite™, 2016
- Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite™, Up and Comers, 2010
- Super Lawyers™ 2020
- Super Lawyers™ 2019
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars™ 2014
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars™ 2013
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars™ 2012
- Orlando Business Journal, 40 under 40™ 2014
- Rocking Wrigley: The Chicago Cubs’ Off-Field Struggle to Compete for Ticket Sales with Its Rooftop Neighbors, 56 Fed. Com. L.J. 377 (2004)
- AV Preeminent Rated – Martindale-Hubbell®
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The George C. Young First Central Florida American Inn of Court
- Immediate Past Board President of The Roth Family Jewish Community
- Center of Greater Orlando
- Florida Supreme Court Committee on Standard Jury Instructions for Contract and Business Law – 2017
- Florida Bar Business Law Section – Member
- Florida Bar Labor & Employment Law Section – Member
- Florida Bar Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section – Member