When to Hire a Real Estate Attorney
Dealing with real estate is an extremely complex process. Every party involved has legal requirements, protections, and obligations. Any real estate matter easily becomes a high stakes matter. This includes closing on a home, dealing with your HOA, and more. However, a Florida or Orlando real estate attorney can help you. They’re experts in your legal rights, and they work in your best interest. Never navigate a real estate legal matter alone again.
Handle HOA and COA Matters with an Orlando Real Estate Attorney
Homeowner and condo associations, or HOAs and COAs, exist all over in the state of Florida. They’re a helpful and effective way to upkeep and care for common areas of communities. However, disputes often occur between the homeowners and the HOA . This may occur for a range of reasons, such as:
- Misinterpretation of the meaning of a rule
- A homeowner is unaware of a restriction
- A homeowner’s willful ignorance of a guideline
Our team at Bitman O’Brien & Morat, PLLC understands these issues are often frustrating and challenging to maneuver alone. Let an Orlando real estate attorney assist you in deciding your options as a homeowner when these challenges arise.
Our forward-thinking attorneys can help with a range of matters related to homeowner and condo associations. Here are some legal areas we can help you with.
Association Demands and Disputes
HOAs and COAs commonly impose strict rules on residents in the form of a covenant. The intention is to protect property values, but people may see them as overbearing. If a resident defies any part of the covenant, this may lead to a dispute. That’s where your Orlando real estate attorney comes in.
Disputes may occur for any number of reasons and arguably range in severity. However, common disputes may relate to:
- Plants, grass, or landscaping
- Not maintaining the property
- Unauthorized changes to the outside of a home
- Yard signs
- Parking in illegal spots
If you receive notice of an association demand or dispute, reach out to an Orlando real estate attorney. Speak with an attorney on our team about your need for legal representation.
In some instances, an HOA will opt for pre-suit mediation before filing a formal dispute. This gives you the chance to reach an agreement or settle before further legal action transpires. Pre-suit does not forfeit the right to sue, but it does attempt to resolve the issue first. It’s essential to work with a Florida or Orlando real estate attorney during this process.
During these proceedings, there are no criminal charges or penalties on the table. However, this is a serious legal process with the potential for compensation or damages. Without a good Orlando real estate attorney, you could pay serious fines. Our attorneys make every effort to achieve the best outcome for you.
Interpretation of Declarations, Bylaws, and Articles of Incorporation
We understand legal documents can be difficult to understand. That’s where an Orlando real estate attorney comes in. Seek the legal expertise of one of our dedicated Florida attorneys. They can help you understand your HOA or COA’s covenant or similar documents.
Trust an Orlando Real Estate Attorney for Residential Real Estate Closings
Bitman O’Brien & Morat, PLLC provides practical, streamlined and cost-effective legal services and counseling throughout Florida. Clients depend on the Bitman team to provide thoughtful and careful advice, both on the legal and business fronts. Every client can expect unmatched, friendly service. The firm prides itself on our customer service and practical guidance. Whether you work with an Orlando real estate attorney or another lawyer throughout Florida, we work for you.
In partnership with First American Title Insurance Company, Bitman O’Brien & Morat offers competitive rates. We also offer comprehensive review, preparation, and management of your real estate closing documents by a skilled attorney.
Why to Hire an Orlando Real Estate Attorney for Your Closing
Purchasing a house is a huge deal in anyone’s life. There are large amounts of money involved. You’re investing in a property you will likely live in for decades to come. It’s a high stakes situation, and an Orlando real estate attorney acts as your partner through it all.
While you may feel like working with a real estate agent is enough, this is not always the case. The closing bonus waiting for them motivates a real estate agent. They’re just in it for the commission for them. They are not obligated to act in your best interest. In fact, they may represent both sides of the legal interests at stake.
However, when you hire an Orlando real estate attorney, this changes. Your Florida real estate attorney acts in your best interest. In fact, there is no incentive for them to act in any other way. Choose our dedicated attorneys committed to achieving the best results for you.
Ensure your real estate closing process is smooth and benefits you. Avoid getting taken advantage of with the assistance of an Orlando real estate attorney. They will do everything in their power to look out for your rights, interests, and protection.
What an Orlando Real Estate Attorney Does for You
A real estate lawyer can assist with all kinds of property types and transactions. It’s critical for sellers and buyers alike to have a strong real estate attorney. Your Orlando real estate attorney may make a major difference on your residential closing experience.
Real estate attorneys carry a range of responsibilities. For an Orlando real estate attorney, this may be to:
- Prepare and review documents
- Negotiate the contents of a contract
- Research a title
- Obtain the history of a title
- Advise you on your legal rights and obligations
- Provide insight on how your title impacts your interests
- Protect your best interests
You’re likely not an expert on the latest legal requirements that come with purchasing a home. However, an Orlando real estate attorney is. Leave nothing to chance. You don’t want to fail to protect yourself when purchasing your home. Work with an Orlando real estate attorney to spend more time enjoying your home and less time worrying about it.
Benefits for Hiring an Orlando Real Estate Attorney When Closing on a House
An Orlando real estate attorney is your partner in success when you are closing on your home. While working with an attorney may feel like yet another expense, think again. You’re investing in a smoother closing process with your best interests in mind. Here are some of the benefits of working with a Florida or Orlando real estate attorney.
- Your Best Interests Prioritized – The only person your Orlando real estate attorney works for is you. Our forward-thinking attorneys always work in your best interests. They pour over every document and detail to validate your decisions. Unlike real estate agents, your attorney only represents your interests. There’s no monetary incentive for them to rush into an agreement. Take advantage of the peace of mind of a real estate lawyer who cares.
- No More Legal Jargon – Buying a house comes with complex contracts and what feels like endless documents. To the average person, these things can be difficult to understand. They’re packed with legal references and jargon. However, an Orlando real estate attorney can review them for you. They will be able to explain everything to you and answer your questions.
- Title Search Help – It’s important to know the title history of the house you are purchasing. An Orlando real estate attorney can help you research more about your home title. They will be able to locate any potential issues. In most cases, they are able to obtain a detailed record of title ownership. This helps you know exactly what you’re buying.
- Negotiation Partner – It’s no secret that an Orlando real estate attorney is going to be a skilled negotiator. Your real estate lawyer can help you with any potential negotiation that may occur. Whether it comes to the contents of a contract or the closing agreement itself, seek their legal expertise. They know your rights, and they’re here to protect you.
- Proper Closing Process – The presence of your Orlando real estate attorney ensures each stage happens as it should. They are a valuable asset to verify the proceedings respect your rights. If you have any last minute questions, they can help you.
- Added Legal Protection – Your Orlando real estate attorney will review all of your documents. This includes any contracts, mortgage information, and closing statements. They are able to decipher each document to look for any predatory clauses. It’s common for fine print inclusions that could take advantage of you. However, with a real estate lawyer on your side, they help you protect yourself.
Go Digital with eClosing and eSigning for Real Estate Transactions
Real estate settlement is going digital to create a better closing experience while reducing risks for all parties. This change requires careful management to prevent a negative impact in multiple ways. Avoid hurting land ownership records and the mortgage finance engine driving our nation’s economy and personal wealth.
In 2020, the state of Florida approved a law allowing Florida notaries to perform remote online notarizations. The global pandemic stifled many legal processes, including closing in-bank services and real estate offices. In fact, the state’s timing may seem clairvoyant. The new law helps to remove many of the current challenges closing real estate transactions. It also helps simplify the notary process for other legally binding documents your Orlando real estate attorney handles.
The state will integrate this efficient technology into more than just this single important step in the transaction process. Online notary services will create a safe place to remotely:
- Close on the sale or purchase of a home
- Refinance a mortgage
This removes the risks currently attached to meeting in person with your Florida or Orlando real estate attorney. Talk to us about any questions you have about how this process could impact you.
Why to Choose Bitman O’Brien & Morat as an Orlando Real Estate Attorney
Bitman O’Brien & Morat, PLLC, emphasizes the importance of customer service and practical guidance. Each thing we do is in effort of your best interest. This is key when searching for an Orlando real estate attorney. Our attorneys provide thoughtful advice to achieve the best outcome for you.
Our foundation and innovative core values drive us to provide the highest quality legal work to ensure your satisfaction. Our forward-thinking attorneys take immense pride in their craft and respect a work-life balance. Every Orlando real estate attorney on our team insists on prioritizing each client to achieve their goals.
Real estate is a cornerstone focus of our premier law firm. Our attorneys bring decades of combined expertise to build a team committed to your satisfaction. Our Orlando real estate attorney team works under the leadership of managing partner and co-founder Ronnie Bitman. Many consider Bitman as one of Florida’s leading attorneys, and he’s earned a range of distinctions. This includes Florida SuperLawyers, Orlando Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 list, and more. Choose an Orlando real estate attorney on a team backed by unmatched expertise.
Get the Help You Need from an Orlando Real Estate Attorney
Work with a Florida or Orlando real estate attorney who cares about your specific needs. If you’re in need of legal assistance, contact us at Bitman O’Brien & Morat today. One of our attorneys will review your request and connect with you soon.
Bitman O’Brien & Morat proudly serves Florida with offices in most major cities. In addition to our Orlando real estate attorney team, we have attorneys in Tampa, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. Follow us @BitmanLawFirm on social channels to keep up to date with all of our latest news.
Frequently Asked Questions About an Orlando Real Estate Attorney